Thursday, July 30, 2009

Week 03: How I Buy Stuff

I would say that my personality greatly effects how I make my purchases. It has been stated that “personality combines psychological makeup and environmental forces” (MKTG, Lamb, p. 75). I take that into consideration whenever I make my purchases. I tend to keep in mind what I feel is more important and try to separate my needs from my wants. It’s how I have always gone about making purchases. When the time comes to make the said act, environmental forces can play a role as well. There will often be things around me that tend to drive me in an opposite way of what I believe needs to be bought. There are times environmental forces can get the best of me but only when it’s for something that would clearly be to me benefit. For the most part, I try my best to keep in mind what I went to the vendor to purchase regarding what I need and try to not drift away from that. I always keep in mind that my wants (as tempting as they can be a good amount of the time) can wait for another time further down the road. I just keep in mind that what is needed at the time is what is more important and I was raised to be able to identify what is more important when those matters present themselves. I keep myself in check and am sure that I will always do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment